watersidevillage.com Forum Index MessageBoard
 watersidevillage.com
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in  
Username:  Password:     

Message Author
Reply to topic

The following announcement was provided for owners at the most recent board meeting, by President Claude Porier Defoy:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SHUTTER  PROJECT

During the last board meeting on May 26 I told the Directors that we were involved in litigation with Mastershutters. In accordance with the laws of Florida we were obliged to proceed to mediation which occurred on June 25. We then reached an agreement and the final releases were signed on July 25th, once all the work had been completed by Mastershutters.

Before these releases, we were not at liberty to provide information. So this file is now closed. It has been a long process of 15 months, and a difficult contract to administer. But our 2 main objectives have been achieved. 412 units and others assets of the Association are now protected by shutters and a substantial rebate of $87,000, recurrent each year, has been saved on our Citizen insurance premium, i.e. 35%.

I know that a few individuals have asked for a copy of the contract and the price paid for the shutters. Without knowing any of the details of the contract, they have already started a campaign of criticism, innuendos, and claiming the incompetence of the Board. This process is unfair especially when it involves a member of the Board.

This Board, at least those members that were in function at the time of the contract and during the administration of it, is fully accountable to all the 411 unit owners and not to a few individuals and will provide to all owners a full written summary of the money spent, $1,166,000 in strict accordance with the different clauses of the contract and will answer, at that time, all the questions related to the contract.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1